Saturday 24 November 2012

Message from Ruth Holt x

Dear Young Women,


Phew, what a week! You will hopefully have heard by now that our presidency was released at Stake Conference last Sunday.

Firstly, a word about my forever friends Emma, Leah and Julie. Whenever I meet someone new I try to take a quality or attribute I admire in them and apply it to my own life. Emma had so many beautiful qualities I had a lot to choose from! She definitely won the presidency glamour contest-even after two nights on camp she would look immaculate and unruffled! Glamour is not my strong point so I chose another 'Emma attribute', she taught me that we need not be afraid of sharing our knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ; praying and reading our scriptures can be more than just a 'guilty pleasure' and we should be vocal in our love for this our Saviour's church. Emma told me today that she is enjoying retirement:) but misses you already. What a blessing she will be to her new baby when he/she arrives!

Leah was a joy to serve with and despite our age gap, we found a shared sense of humour, particularly on occasions when we probably should have been more serious (oops!) Leah typifies a virtuous young woman, her testimony shines from her. She is busy serving in the YSA ward and can regularly be seen displaying her moves on the dance floor at YSA dances!

Julie, a generous, kind hearted woman, I love her. Young women of the Stretford ward , treasure your president! She taught me that service is not always big and brash. A kind word, a quiet chat or a hug is sometimes just what Heavenly Father ordered and I ALWAYS get a hug!



So, as one presidency leaves, another begins. I am joined by Michelle Grant who is serving with me by assignment for the time being and is already proving to be all I had hoped for, getting this blog updated and word out about all the fabulous activities we are organising in the coming months. Get ready for an exciting year ahead. We are working hard already to make it one to remember... Watch this space!

I am both excited and more than a little nervous about my new responsibility (smiles, chats and hugs are welcomed!) but please know that I am totally committed to serving you, the amazing Young Women of the Manchester Stake and your devoted ward leaders. I look forward to sharing time with you, having fun with you and watching you become all that you can be. The Church is True and I love it!!!
Ruth x

No comments: